FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a way to adjust the shape of a line between two animation points so I can have a smoother fade in/fade out?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pete Johnson
Is there a way to adjust the shape of a line between two animation points so I can have a smoother fade in/fade out?
on Jul 7, 2014 at 1:08:09 pm

Is there a way to adjust the shape of a line between two animation points so I can have a smoother fade in/fade out? I guess this is how it was done but it doesn't seem to work like this any longer.

http://www.larryjordan.biz/fcpx-keyframes/

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Is there a way to adjust the shape of a line between two animation points so I can have a smoother fade in/fade out?
on Jul 7, 2014 at 4:31:32 pm

Actually, it works exactly the same way. You can create keyframes and then right-click a segment between them and choose your easing method. Or you can apply a dissolve transition and adjust it's easing in the inspector. The only things it won't work on are fade handles.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: Is there a way to adjust the shape of a line between two animation points so I can have a smoother fade in/fade out?
on Jul 8, 2014 at 2:56:38 am

For audio fades, right click on the fade handle itself and you can choose a shape. For opacity fades, open the video animation on the clip and instead of using the built in fade handle, create your own with two key frames and then you can create others on the line or select a shape by control clicking. Or select ease by command clicking on the line.

Andy didn't we used to be able to change the shape on the fade handle?

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Pete Johnson
on Jul 9, 2014 at 2:14:05 am

Thanks that's exactly what I needed, I was about to repost that I was trying to do it on an audio file.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]