FORUMS: list search recent posts

merge multiple instances of clips?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Georg P. Mueller
merge multiple instances of clips?
on Jul 3, 2014 at 4:09:46 am

Hey Guys,
I have 7tox-ed a huge project and ended up with more events that I cared for, so I began dragging clips around to simplify the structure. All is good but now I have multiple instances of the same clips (often with different keywords though), linking to identical source clips.

Is there an easy way to merges those into one clip each with all keywords combined?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: merge multiple instances of clips?
on Jul 3, 2014 at 1:02:44 pm

Are you saying that a clip appears in note than one keyword (which is normal) or that when browse the root level of the library, clips are listed twice?

Return to posts index

Georg P. Mueller
on Jul 3, 2014 at 3:58:29 pm

Hi Jeremy,

Exactly - I have clips appearing twice on the root level of the event and library. They show once in their respective keyword collection.

What I did was dragging clips between events because I wanted the associated keywords to go with them.

Even though they are linked to the same source media many clips are listed twice (or tripple in some cases).

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 3, 2014 at 6:40:55 pm

I see.

If the clips are in more than one event, that is normal.

If you want a single instance, you'd need to have the clip in one Event.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Georg P. Mueller
on Jul 5, 2014 at 7:32:34 am

Hi Jeremy,
Thanks for helping me thinking this through... !

Anyway - the clips show up double in the library AND in the events. They are residing in a single event only. What happened is that I dragged them out of multiple events (created by 7tox) into one single event.

So I have clip #1 in Keyword Collection A and the second instance of clip #1 in Keyword Collection B. Viewing each collection lists the clip only once. But the root level of the event has it twice.

I was looking for an easy way to attach both keywords clip #1 and getting rid of the second instance. Something like a "show duplicates" button in iTunes Having duplicates in the library can lead to all kinds of problems further down, i.e. clips will be listed as unused even the other instance has been used, etc.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 6, 2014 at 8:55:49 pm

[Georg P. Mueller] "Anyway - the clips show up double in the library AND in the events. They are residing in a single event only. What happened is that I dragged them out of multiple events (created by 7tox) into one single event.
"

What happens if you sort the Browser by "rejected" or "all clips" (it's the drop down menu above the clips)?

If there are multiple clips, sometimes that means a range was rejected in the middle. FCPX then shows the remaining ranges in what appears to be multiple clips.

Return to posts index

Georg P. Mueller
on Jul 7, 2014 at 12:52:28 am

Thanks Jeremy - I will give it a shot today. Have just imported stuff and not yet rejected anything but ya never know...

Best

Georg

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]