FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keyword Anomaly w Multicam Clips?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Angelo
Keyword Anomaly w Multicam Clips?
on Jul 1, 2014 at 11:46:06 pm

Has anyone seen this?

I have multiple keywords in a multicam clip, I want to delete one keyword and keep the other but the keyword editor only shows one keyword so can't seem to access the keyword I want to delete... If I try and delete the one keyword directly in the event library it deletes the whole clip... I'm on the latest FCPX 10.1.2 but I've noticed this on earlier versions of the software. Be gentle still learning FCPX.

Been googling and looking through manuals for ages to try and figure out this one do appreciate the help. I've attached a frame grab that might shed some light on what I'm doing wrong if that is the case.

Thanks in advance

MA

"A life without cause is a life without effect." -Dildano

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Keyword Anomaly w Multicam Clips?
on Jul 1, 2014 at 11:57:08 pm

Are you perhaps viewing the keyword collection that you're deleting from the clip?

Return to posts index

Michael Angelo
on Jul 2, 2014 at 12:13:57 am

Hi Bret thanks for response,

I have the multicam clip "NY130606_MULTI_04_ACCC copy" selected in the picture I attached to thread. The multicam clip has two keywords as can be seen in the event window and when I choose either of the keyword collections:

NY130606_EDIT_SELECTS
NY130606_MULTI_SRC_04

The keyword editor is only showing the one keyword:

NY130606_MULTI_SRC_04

And I'm trying to delete the other keyword:

NY130606_EDIT_SELECTS

From what I understand the only way I can delete a keyword is in the keyword editor. I find this a bit maddening as I can select it in the event window.

Does that make sense or am I taking crazy pills?

merci

MA

Return to posts index

Michael Angelo
on Jul 2, 2014 at 12:41:44 am

Really feel like it has something to do with the fact that the keywords for the multicam clips in question have different durations...

Hopefully I'm just missing something basic as I am working with 2 years of footage and once I'm done with building the basic multicam clips, there will be lots of keywording with different durations.

Appreciate the input from all of you and in particular anyone that has feature experience with multicam clips.

MA

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Jul 2, 2014 at 12:47:34 am

I have seen this before where the keyword editor doesn't properly reflect the keywords applied to the multiclip. If I'm not mistaken, my fix was to double click the keyword icon in the event which sort of refreshes the keyword editor and makes the missing keyword show up.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jul 2, 2014 at 1:02:39 am

If you open the keyword editor and you have a clip in the browser highlighted and the keyword is showing up in both places and you move the edit point in the film strip, the keyword in the keyword editor will go away. The keyword is specific to the selected range. You would think if the master clip was assigned a keyword that any sub-clip created from it would also have that keyword connected to it.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Michael Angelo
on Jul 2, 2014 at 1:08:38 am

Just tried that Andy no luck so far. I've also tried cueing to center of clip, selecting different clips within the multicam, changing the focus inside mutlicam clip to different "layers"

Just "cleared selected ranges" that seemed to work! Even though I didn't visually see any range selected think that was it... Thank you Craig reading your comment made me try that

Appreciate helping a FCPX newbie

MA

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jul 2, 2014 at 12:48:09 am

the start end creation of the selected clip matches the first keyword sub clip not the second one.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]