FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nudging in 10.1.2

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Ewart
Nudging in 10.1.2
on Jun 28, 2014 at 5:02:06 pm

According to Alex 4D nudging a clip back and forth the clip now behaves as a slide edit. But did it not always behave like this?

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Nudging in 10.1.2
on Jun 28, 2014 at 10:36:33 pm

I'm not sure about before, but right now it's not behaving like a traditional slide either. With a slide, the edit points would shift but the clip would stay the same. Material would be added or removed from the beginning or end. Here's what happens now.

1. Connected clip - nudge moves the close earlier or later without changing the clip contents.

2. Primary storyline clips - standard mode - You have 3 clips in a row - A, B, C. Nudge the B clip and it shifts the position of this clip within the timeline. Park the playhead in the middle of the clip and you'll see the frame change in the viewer. More frames are added or removed from the A and C clips magnetically, depending on the direction of the nudge.

3. Primary storyline clips - position mode - You have 3 clips in a row - A, B, C. Nudge the B clip and it shifts the position of this clip within the timeline. Park the playhead in the middle of the clip and you'll see the frame change in the viewer. Black gap frames are added and content is removed from the A and C clips, depending on the direction of the nudge.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jun 28, 2014 at 10:44:52 pm

[Oliver Peters] "I'm not sure about before, but right now it's not behaving like a traditional slide either. With a slide, the edit points would shift but the clip would stay the same. Material would be added or removed from the beginning or end. Here's what happens now."

Correction. It does work like a slide has in the past. My error. The rest of the description was correct.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jun 29, 2014 at 4:44:32 pm

You can always go back to your original post, clip on edit, and make the changes. No need for a post to correct a post.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jun 29, 2014 at 5:57:31 pm

[Craig Alan] "You can always go back to your original post, clip on edit, and make the changes"

While that's true, I've had instances where I've done that in the past, but another poster replied based on my original comment instead of the corrected comment and accused me of trying to hide the facts somehow. I feel that this makes it clearer.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Jun 29, 2014 at 6:34:58 pm

I agree because the emails come through with the posts as they are originally written so if one does not go into the thread one does not necessarily see then addendum.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jun 29, 2014 at 7:32:52 pm
Last Edited By Craig Alan on Jun 29, 2014 at 8:02:54 pm

That's true, but when I posted, there were no replies yet. And I thought your summary was informative and harder to follow without the correction. I'm here to learn not debate. I do see the value in each.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jun 29, 2014 at 8:09:22 pm

[Craig Alan] "I'm here to learn not debate. I do see the value in each."

No problem. It would normally have been my inclination, too.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]