FORUMS: list search recent posts

Absolute and Relative Volume in 10.1.2

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Figgiani
Absolute and Relative Volume in 10.1.2
on Jun 27, 2014 at 7:08:02 pm

This is handy:

Absolute and Relative volume adjustments on selected clips. The key commands in the pic are custom:

-paul.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: Absolute and Relative Volume in 10.1.2
on Jun 27, 2014 at 7:31:52 pm
Last Edited By Craig Alan on Jun 29, 2014 at 8:06:36 pm

My understanding of audio is missing a screw.

Let's say I have a clip that goes from -20 to above 0.

I used to use the normalize command set to -6 in legacy FC, at least to get started.

What will these two do to a clip like that?

Also could that be a range and not just clips?

--------

Ok answer my own questions:

An absolute adjustment will +/- the volume by x db from the default setting (Horizontal volume bar) in the timeline. A relative adjustment will +/- the volume by x db from the current horizontal setting of the volume bar in the timeline. So they both are another way of adjusting the volume bar in the timeline up and down for any selected range. The advantage over dragging is you can type in an exact amount of adjustment.

The legacy "normalize" command, adjusts the peaks to a user set limit. Very handy.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Absolute and Relative Volume in 10.1.2
on Jun 29, 2014 at 3:47:33 am

The standard key commands should be great as they're then exact same as legacy. This was sorely needed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]