FORUMS: list search recent posts

How would you organize your project for a single camera multiple take shoot using dual sound?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim bachalo
How would you organize your project for a single camera multiple take shoot using dual sound?
on Jun 26, 2014 at 1:44:37 pm
Last Edited By jim bachalo on Jun 26, 2014 at 8:49:37 pm

I have just completed a shoot using a single camera with multiple takes of a musical performance(1 song).

I have manually synced all the additional takes as Secondary Story line and connected Compound Clips. My question is, what is the best way to organize my project?

My first thought would be to take advantage of Secondary Storylines to see everything 'all at once' as thumbnails. So after manually syncing each take, create a secondary storyline connected to my main storyline with sync sound.

The problem is that there are multiple portions of each take that I need to use.

You should follow me on Twitter here. My latest work

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: How would you organize your project for a single camera multiple take shoot using dual sound?
on Jun 27, 2014 at 2:47:18 am

How would approach this in any other NLE?

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: How would you organize your project for a single camera multiple take shoot using dual sound?
on Jun 27, 2014 at 3:43:34 am

Was this recorded with a prerecorded music track -- like you would a music video? If so you can't beat creating a multicam clip.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]