FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question on technique for dropping frames / strobe

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dean Gatenby
Question on technique for dropping frames / strobe
on Jun 26, 2014 at 11:34:56 am

Hi this is my first post so if my question sounds stoopid or is in the wrong forum then my bad.

I have an opening scene i have been planning where there is a body being dragged through a forset and the effect i am going for is quick cuts to black over foorage that seems jerky/fragmented.

opens with a fade from black to a pan through the forest with birds and all the glory of nature present - then you start to hear the frantic noise of the people dragging the body before a quick cut to a frantic dragging scene for a second (foorgae to appear slightly slower and jerky from dropping frames - cut back to peacefull forest - then cut back to body been dragged again - now we keep cutting from black to footage of the body been dragged with the sound dropping between cuts.

the best way i can think of to do this is remove frames and maybe use the stobe plugin. i was wondering if anyone has any advice they can lend if they understand the effect i am going for.

sorry i dont have an example but some of my inspiration i think came from saving private ryan and band of brothers... almost a shell shocked kind of effect.

any help hughly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Dean G

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]