FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transitions

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russ Carlin
Transitions
on Jun 26, 2014 at 10:10:15 am

Hi all, how's it going?

Wondering if anyone can help me work out how this editor has created these transitions? Has he custom made them or would he have bought them from somewhere?

Also and help in what he's done would be appreciated! Seems like there's a lot of black an white flickering and lots of warped imaging, but it's so fast!

Cheers,

Russ

Carrrrrrr Carrrrrrrrrrrrr

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
Re: Transitions
on Jun 26, 2014 at 5:25:54 pm

Watch it frame-by-frame. You should be able to figure it out. A lot of times what you think you see is not what's really there or is a lot simpler than it looks when it's flying by.

anickt

Return to posts index

Russ Carlin
on Jun 28, 2014 at 10:03:32 am

Ok cheers for the reply. Would you use the basic tools that come with FCP or are there transition packages that you would recommend?

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jun 27, 2014 at 3:55:24 am

Try the flash transition.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Russ Carlin
on Jun 28, 2014 at 10:03:52 am

In FCP?

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jun 28, 2014 at 7:22:56 pm

Yes. I went frame by frame on one transition in the video. There was one frame where it went all white. Then I tried that in Flash transition in FCP X. Same. It's in the 'lights' group. Now I'm not saying that is all they did or that they used that every time. Or even that that they used it at all. But in normal speed playback it does give that pounding hypnotic intensity they created if using quick cuts. The sound track has to be kept apart from the visual or things will get out of sync. Once apart you can play with speed ramping and transitions and the like. I think they used a lot of contrasting color correction from one clip to another as well.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]