FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX: Slow Motion Footage to Regular Motion?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Nguyen
FCPX: Slow Motion Footage to Regular Motion?
on Jun 25, 2014 at 11:37:36 pm

So I've recently received mxf files from a Sony F5 to edit for a music video, and some of the footage was shot at 24 fps and some at 60 fps for the option of slow-motion. However, the slow motion footage has already been slowed down in the camera, ie. the original clip was shot at 60 fps but its settings are already 24 fps and playing back in slow motion. While this is great for segments I want slowed down, I'm having trouble converting the 60 fps footage back to normal motion for sections I want the video to be played at normal speed.

I can't seem to convert these mxf files (or access them for that matter) with any other softwares than FCP X and was looking for a practical solution to bringing these clips up to normal speed. I understand that the slow motion footage is 2.5x slower than normal and could re-time the slow clips to 250%, however this looks hyper-real and choppy. Is there a way to speed up the footage and drop frames, or even add some sort of motion blur to make the footage look like it was shot at 24 fps? Any other creative solutions would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]