FORUMS: list search recent posts

Menat to delete a event, but deleted the whole project!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy Repass
Menat to delete a event, but deleted the whole project!
on Jun 25, 2014 at 1:17:39 pm

I have been avidly working away on a big project, but needed to clean up my files which were on two ext disks. i did that and relinked any missing stuff in my project. Sorted. I had made a dup of the main event which I dumped on my backup drive.

When I went to delete that dup in my main project using command-delete, the whole project vanished! Seems I was highlighted there, even though the event box was yellow! I quickly hit command-z to undo and it reappeared, but then FCPX freaked and said I should close FCPX to not lose any work. I gulped and did so.

Bad new:
When reopening it's gone.
Good News:
though the backup event is accessible in a backup project I had created and has the primary project in tact, the event stored in my primary library, where I've built the project is gone.

Buuuut... when I go into finder and open package contents in the library where it exists everything is there. I had favorited many long clips (hours of review work) which I want back, it's all there from what I can see, but FCP won't see it and open it.

I tried File>update projects & files... but to no avail.

How can I get FCPX to show me my stuff?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jari Innanen
Re: Menat to delete a event, but deleted the whole project!
on Jun 25, 2014 at 1:37:14 pm

Check this thread:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/344/29764

Return to posts index

Randy Repass
Re: Menat to delete a event, but deleted the whole project!
on Jun 25, 2014 at 2:29:39 pm

Actually, I couldn't find the "journal" version... so it didn't directly work for me.

But... what did was finding one of the backups, as mentioned in the thread. I found the right one and voila!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Jari!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]