FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replace preview clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Krieger
Replace preview clip
on Jun 23, 2014 at 9:07:50 pm

Hi, I often download the demo of a song to see if it will fit in a piece. Sometimes I will need to cut it up and place different parts of it into the timeline. Once I have the client's approval, I will purchase the real song.

What is the best way to replace the demo clips with the purchased song? I went to the in/out points in the preview and tried to make the in/out the same in the purchased. But it is off by less than a second. Any ideas?

Thx!
Jeff

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Replace preview clip
on Jun 23, 2014 at 10:56:18 pm

Is the new clip the same length as the old clip?

If so, try reconnecting the old clip to the new media.

Return to posts index

Jeff Krieger
on Jun 23, 2014 at 11:13:55 pm

Yes. That's a great idea! Thanks! I will try that.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jun 24, 2014 at 2:47:02 am

And if it's off, open the original " in timeline" (via right click) and place the new one above the old one until they're perfectly in sync. Then disable the preview.

Return to posts index

Mark Morache
on Jun 24, 2014 at 3:58:48 am

Another way to do this would be to place the preview music into a compound clip, by itself. Edit your piece with the compound clip. Once it's approved, place the full res music into the compound clip, sync it up and remove the preview music.

You should now be able to use the timeline index to select every instance of the compound clip with the music, and break apart the clip items, if you want to have the music cuts exist in your timeline at raw clips and not embedded in a compound.

It's a testament to the power of fcpx that there are numerous ways to do this and they all work well.

---------
Don't live your life in a secondary storyline.

Mark Morache
FCPX/FCP7/Xpri/Avid
Evening Magazine,Seattle, WA
http://fcpx.wordpress.com

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jun 24, 2014 at 4:35:31 am

Sounds good. But wouldn't breaking apart compounds destroy all transitions? You'd lose the filters too if you have any.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]