FORUMS: list search recent posts

key commands for timeline clip view?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua Pearson
key commands for timeline clip view?
on Jun 20, 2014 at 2:23:42 pm

are there any key commands for changing the clip view type in the timeline? i like to switch back and forth from plain lozenge to waveform... i also want to vary clip height a lot... my mouse hand is getting a serious
workout from mousing those buttons and sliders... kind of a bummer...

Return to posts index

Joshua Pearson
Answered my own question...
on Jun 20, 2014 at 2:30:50 pm

Yes!... control-option 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 do different stuff... phew!

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Answered my own question...
on Jun 20, 2014 at 5:14:05 pm

Yes, and there's also key commands that select the next clip view / previous clip view.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jun 20, 2014 at 7:17:32 pm

I mapped that one to cmd up arrow and cmd down arrow.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jun 20, 2014 at 7:19:37 pm
Last Edited By Bret Williams on Jun 20, 2014 at 7:20:19 pm

Still there's nothing for clip HEIGHT. Except in the event. Why oh why can't it work the same in the timeline?

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Jun 20, 2014 at 7:24:15 pm

[Bret Williams] "Still there's nothing for clip HEIGHT. Except in the event. Why oh why can't it work the same in the timeline?"

Oh man, that and have programable window configurations. Sometimes I need space for the angle viewer, other times I need the project window to be big. Half my time is spent resizing and adjusting my various windows.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jun 25, 2014 at 6:01:03 pm

This is my biggest beef with FCP X - that different areas of the program work differently. Makes it far less "intuitive." Coupled with the seemingly inconsistent activation of these different areas. It would help if the activated area would glow with a little more contrast than it does currently. Too many times during a session I am finding myself trying to apply something and learning i am in the wrong area. This occurs way more than in FCP 1-7. In fact, until X I don't remember ever feeling this way.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jun 25, 2014 at 5:59:56 pm

or control-option-up/down arrows is easier for expanded audio. If you preset your slider as a baseline it does help when working with these audio "tracks".

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]