FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moving FCPX Plug-Ins to a new iMac

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Antony Bui
Moving FCPX Plug-Ins to a new iMac
on Jun 19, 2014 at 4:58:23 pm

Hey guys,

I've purchased quite a collection of FCPX plug-ins that are all stored on my 2011 iMac. Pixel Film Studios, Neatvideo, Motion VFX, FCPeffects, you name it.

However, I'm considering purchasing a more powerful iMac and was wondering if there was a way to move all the plug-ins over?

I've saved all of the original installation files into a folder but most of the plug-ins require a serial number. I'm sure most of them can only be used one time (understandably) but since I'm going to be re-installing a new OS on the old iMac when I sell it, they would still only be used for one user (assuming I can transfer them first).

Any plug in makers on here have an answer?

Thank you very much!

Return to posts index

James Cude
Re: Moving FCPX Plug-Ins to a new iMac
on Jun 19, 2014 at 5:48:14 pm

That varies with each plugin maker. Generally speaking if you can prove that you are the original purchaser and the version you want to install still runs on the new machine- i.e. doesn't require a paid upgrade to match the OS on the new Mac you'll be fine. In most cases I'm guessing you'll be able to just run the installed, enter your license details and be all set.

Return to posts index

Antony Bui
Re: Moving FCPX Plug-Ins to a new iMac
on Jun 20, 2014 at 6:54:02 pm

That's what I'm hoping. If anything I could always contact the seller with my receipt and make a case.

Thank you for the quick response!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]