FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render audio to engrain effects

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
james Lackleter
Render audio to engrain effects
on Jun 14, 2014 at 4:53:16 am
Last Edited By james Lackleter on Jun 14, 2014 at 4:58:35 am

Hello again, working on another FCPX cut and have question. Looking to render audio effects and channel assignments inside FCPX. Kind of like how protools has render option. Need that in FCPX, anyway to do this?

Also I need the clips to be separate. I'm bringing dialogue group into protools to create a track, I'd like to keep channel assignments and logic plugs inside protools to do additional work.

Return to posts index

Paul Figgiani
Re: Render audio to engrain effects
on Jun 14, 2014 at 1:04:36 pm

[james Lackleter] "Hello again, working on another FCPX cut and have question. Looking to render audio effects and channel assignments inside FCPX. Kind of like how protools has render option. Need that in FCPX, anyway to do this?"

James,

There's no way to render using audio plugins in X the way Audio Suite plugins do it in Pro Tools. You probably know the effect is applied in RT - however you'll need to export the audio in order to "render" it.

[james Lackleter] "Also I need the clips to be separate. I'm bringing dialogue group into protools to create a track, I'd like to keep channel assignments and logic plugs inside protools to do additional work."

If you want to export your X clips separately - you'll need to use Roles and export accordingly.

-paul.

Return to posts index

james Lackleter
on Jun 14, 2014 at 3:30:13 pm

Okay thanks, should be able to work around it pretty easily. Cheers

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 15, 2014 at 2:31:14 pm

X2Pro allows a clip based based AAF to ProTools.

Roles convert to tracks, and you can add handles to each of your clips.

Yes, it costs money.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

james Lackleter
Re: nder audio to engrain effects
on Jun 15, 2014 at 6:45:19 pm

Hey jeremy. Yea I have it but it wont render the effects in. It does carry clips over though

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 16, 2014 at 12:08:40 am

I see.

Are you running the ProTools session too?

Return to posts index

james Lackleter
on Jun 16, 2014 at 12:11:16 am

How do you mean, when I create the AFF? No.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 16, 2014 at 12:12:35 am

Just wondering why you'd want to bake the effects when you're going to the audio finish.

Return to posts index

james Lackleter
on Jun 16, 2014 at 3:06:08 am

I'm losing logic plugs when I transfer so I don't want to redo all of that. Also it's a surround sound project so I'd like to engrain the channel assignments

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 16, 2014 at 11:32:41 am

I've never seen editable logic plugins transfer to ProTools, but I am not a ProTools expert.

As far as channel assignments, roles turn to tracks in ProTools.

If you keep Roles organized, you'll be able to quickly map channels in ProTools.

If you are finishing in ProTools, it may be best to wait to do the heavy lifting there. This way, you aren't wasting time in fcpx for things you can do as well and better in ProTools.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]