FORUMS: list search recent posts

Some layered PSD files appear to be corrupt or otherwise nonfunctional

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Dunning
Some layered PSD files appear to be corrupt or otherwise nonfunctional
on Jun 12, 2014 at 6:37:17 pm

My project uses a number of layered PSD files. They are all 8-bit RGB, 1920x1080, and have around 3-8 layers. I create and save them all from the same original Photoshop file, so they should be about as similar as files can be.

Most work perfectly -- I drag them into my keyword collection, and they appear as clips showing a preview and the little "stack" icon indicating their multi-layer-ism. But a few of them appear differently, without the preview or stack icon, instead showing an icon of two linked clips in the timeline.

The most worrisome part is that if I try to put one of these into the timeline, (a) I cannot click into it to manipulate the layers, it's just not clickable; (b) as soon as the system starts to render it, it freezes the entire computer completely, requiring a physical power cycle. I have tried resaving them in Photoshop, tweaking and resaving, everything I can think of, but mysteriously these few documents won't behave even though their brothers will. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
Re: Some layered PSD files appear to be corrupt or otherwise nonfunctional
on Jun 12, 2014 at 7:29:46 pm

I have run into this. The only thing that worked was to make a new document in Photoshop and copy the layers into it from the original document. According to the graphic artist I was working with she has seen this before in some of her graphics apps.

anickt

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Some layered PSD files appear to be corrupt or otherwise nonfunctional
on Jun 12, 2014 at 10:53:03 pm

Maybe something unsupported like a smart object or something?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]