FORUMS: list search recent posts

Current best practice for exporting audio for post from FCP X?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Hobish
Current best practice for exporting audio for post from FCP X?
on Jun 11, 2014 at 10:24:17 pm

I am trying to import audio from Final Cut Pro 10 v 10.1.1 (curent version) into Digital Performer 8.06. FCP X has no export facitlity for OMF/AAF (without a plug-in that onl;y will import into ProTools)) and I did try the direct FCP 7 XML import into DP last week which worked beautifully.

I was surprised to find the DP8 does not recognize the XML format from FCP X.

Is there a trick I am missing? What is the best bet workaround for this situation?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Current best practice for exporting audio for post from FCP X?
on Jun 11, 2014 at 10:56:50 pm

X2pro.net ? Or if you have access to premiere or FCP 7, you could use xto7 and then export an OMF from there.

Return to posts index

James Sullivan
on Jun 12, 2014 at 4:17:26 pm

Xtopro is the answer. I have used it on a long form doc and low and behold had great success. If you sequence uses rolls you will have a better time of unpacking everything on the protools/DAW side of things. Also if channels are unchecked for clips that is reflected in what gets transferred in the subsequent AAF.

You will need extra time to sift everything. Because you cannot organize the timeline inside of Final cut your audio editor will have to make sense of things. It is not nearly as fast as having everything in tracks unless you meticulously assign roles to help X to Pro make a more organized transfer.

Tracks, and ugly black waveforms are wonderful things to behold. Look it room tone!

James

Return to posts index

Gary Hobish
on Jun 14, 2014 at 5:17:21 pm

Unfortunately for me, XTPro seems to output a flavor of AAF that is only recognized by ProTools, while Digital Performer is my DAW of choice. Not surprising since I understand that Avid purchased the company. So much for standards!

Not a complete show stopper- I do own ProTools- but it definitely puts a kink in my workflow.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]