FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animating splitscreens in FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Helena Masterson
Animating splitscreens in FCPX
on Jun 10, 2014 at 2:29:25 pm

I'm working on animating some splitscreens in FCPX 10.0.9 and for some reason it won't let me keyframe the trims I have. I understand keyframing and am doing it exactly the same way as I always do, but for some reason the footage/trims will not animate on screen - even though the parameters are changing in the inspector and the keyframes are showing in the video animator on the timeline.. Am I missing something or is this a bug?!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Mark Morache
Re: Animating splitscreens in FCPX
on Jun 10, 2014 at 2:56:20 pm

Are you still in the animation mode in the source screen? Sometimes I don't see what's actually happening until I press "DONE" in the browser screen.

If all else fails, I reset the motion parameters of the clip (or replace the clip in the timeline with a clean version from the event browser) and start over.

---------
Don't live your life in a secondary storyline.

Mark Morache
FCPX/FCP7/Xpri/Avid
Evening Magazine,Seattle, WA
http://fcpx.wordpress.com

Return to posts index

Helena Masterson
on Jun 10, 2014 at 4:24:08 pm

Thanks Mark. I tried your suggestions but they don't seem to be fixing the problem. It's strange as the 'position' keyframes work fine, it's only the 'trim' keyframes that don't seem to be working!

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Jun 10, 2014 at 7:22:23 pm

Sounds like a bug.
I ran into something like this where all my changes did not update on screen.
Eventually after a reboot, the edits occurred.

Return to posts index

Helena Masterson
on Jun 11, 2014 at 9:54:38 am

Thanks for the reply Eric. I think you may be right! I've tried everything - setting the keyframes then rebooting.. Nothing has worked. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with the software in regards to how many bugs it has..

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]