FORUMS: list search recent posts

inconsistent behavior

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Alan
inconsistent behavior
on Jun 9, 2014 at 3:38:57 am

after the last couple of OS X updates I've had some frustrating behaviors like the space bar not playing a video until I switch to another app and then back again. Not switching to a window within FCP X when I click on it. Basically things not always being responsive. if I 'command 2' shouldn't the timeline become active regardless of where the cursor is? It works and then some times it doesn't.

Also and I'm not sure if this is starting with OS X update or not -- why is it that the waveforms in the browser can show clipping yet the audio meters do not. For example I applied a filter that raises the wave forms which now show red peaks yet the audio meters do not reach 0.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

alban egger
Re: inconsistent behavior
on Jun 9, 2014 at 7:08:12 am

I did not update to OSX 10.9.3, in 10.9.2 I see no behaviour like you explain.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jun 10, 2014 at 12:20:10 am

any feedback on 9.3 which i'm on. reason to not update.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Jason Porthouse
on Jun 10, 2014 at 8:39:22 am

I've had similar on a 10.9.2 system - specifically spacebar (or any play controls) not working until you click on a different project or reload the current one. Other little niggly things too that make using it quite frustrating at times.

Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
Then when you do criticise him, you'll be a mile away. And have his shoes.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jun 10, 2014 at 12:35:16 pm

thanks, not just me. since 9.2. can slow down work flow.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]