FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 Footage and FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Witthaus
P2 Footage and FCPX
on Jun 8, 2014 at 11:51:12 am

Hey all -

Been a long time since I worked with P2 footage. Any problem working with them in X? Same import process as other file types? Thanks!

Scott

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
Re: P2 Footage and FCPX
on Jun 8, 2014 at 12:34:33 pm

In my experience with P2 in FCPX - it works the same as every file based camera original I've used. Disclaimer: I 've only used Canon XF, P2, AVCHD, P2, and Pro Res from a Pix 240, but yeah, it works the same as all those.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Jun 8, 2014 at 5:05:04 pm

Unlikely you'll have any trouble. That said, P2 is a storage format, not an actual codec, so it's certainly possible to store data on a P2 card that any NLE might not be able to parse, but I haven't had a card in that format that FCP X can't read.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jun 8, 2014 at 8:52:23 pm

I copy the P2 card folders into a finder folder. Then I import the finder folder copy into FCP x. I can choose or not choose which clips I want and still have a copy of the original P2 card in case something gets corrupted. Works fine.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]