FORUMS: list search recent posts

When updating FCP 10.0.9 to FCP 10.1.1 the project file is missing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Hall
When updating FCP 10.0.9 to FCP 10.1.1 the project file is missing
on Jun 4, 2014 at 3:02:52 pm

When updating FCP 10.0.9 to FCP 10.1.1 the project file is missing. I can see all the clips in the event file with i/o marks nut no project (sequence ) info. Is there a way to retrieve this info so that I can edit the video?
Also is the a way to convert (fcp 10.0.9 file) currentproject.fcpproject to XML?
Thanks

Return to posts index

James Ewart
Re: When updating FCP 10.0.9 to FCP 10.1.1 the project file is missing
on Jun 5, 2014 at 12:56:21 pm

If I remember rightly all your projects are moved to a new event entitled something like backed up/old events. Then you can drag them into new Events one at a time.

Return to posts index

Dan Hall
on Jun 6, 2014 at 11:49:16 pm

Here's how I fixed it.

Found an version of FCP 10.0.9 ( back up drive) and opened the "currentversion.fcpproject" file which was missing the clips but the sequence information was there. Exported that XML.

I had previously been successful in getting the event to update but no prject info so I opened that event in FCp 10.1.1 and imported the xml file.

It glitched a few times and I had to disable a plugin but finally it wokred and the clips and the project synced. I have my updated project and it looks in all there.

Special thanks to this thread and Brian Hansen FXP Users Group INdy for help with this!

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
on Jun 8, 2014 at 10:59:34 pm

I had the same problem. Went back to the computer that had the 10.0.9 projects and events, Updated FCP X to 10.1 and updated on that computer and it worked. Hard drives had same names on both computers. Weird!!!

Dajen Productions, Santa Barbara, CA
Mac Pro 3.5MHz 6-Core Late 2013
FCP X

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]