FORUMS: list search recent posts

Progress bar stutters, FCP locks up

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Schoales
Progress bar stutters, FCP locks up
on Jun 3, 2014 at 2:02:33 pm

Hi all, was hoping you could help me with a problem I've been having lately.

Been working on this project for a client, and so far FCP X has been behaving pretty well. However in the latest cut I'm working on I've been running into this problem rather consistently.

Basically what will happen is I will be working away, and FCP will I guess start auto-rendering or something and suddenly the progress bar starts flickering at 100% and eventually the beachball appears and the app locks up completely and I'll have to force quit.

Here's a video of the problem in action: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4wpxe95azn74nyh/FCP%20X%20Progress%20Lockup.MOV

I had experienced it once or twice in the past but thought nothing. On this current "project" it's happening frequently (perhaps because I'm having to add subtitles?) and really slowing me down.

I'm going to switch off auto-renders for now and see if that helps, but I'm curious if anyone else has run into this issue? I did dump the render files for this project yesterday after it happened a bunch of times but first thing this morning it happened again... Could it be because I have a lot of projects in one event/library? We have to make several different shorts from the same material so I've got about 22 different "projects" in the event (various versions of the various edits).

Any help people could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Progress bar stutters, FCP locks up
on Jun 3, 2014 at 4:59:51 pm

Not much help I'm afraid, but I've had this happen to me on my laptop. Two things helped for me although I never discovered the source of the problem. First, turn off rendering. X is hiccupping somewhere on the render (which only showed up when I was adding titles). Turning off renders kept it from crashing. Next, I transcoded my footage to prores since my source footage was mp4. What was the source in your project?

Whatever the problem is, it's seems to be event or project based since other projects weren't affected with this issue.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 4, 2014 at 3:56:16 am

I am finding that contanrly closing the inspector after making adjustments helps with beachballs.

I've remapped command-4 to a single key (f13) to have it on a constant toggle.

Return to posts index

Adam Schoales
on Jun 4, 2014 at 6:56:36 pm

Thanks for the suggestions guys. My first inclining of turning off auto-render seems to have done the trick.

There's a new weird glitch that's bugging me now but hopefully I'll have it sorted out as well. Basically opening a library and clicking around will randomly trigger FCP X to pull up the "loading" progress bar and start "loading" random projects in my events.

Granted, there are a lot in there because everytime I version an edit I would create a new project. So there's a lot of them. But for it to just randomly start "loading" them and force me to sit and wait is really frustrating.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]