FORUMS: list search recent posts

Search for keyword collections by keyword???

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Vandall
Search for keyword collections by keyword???
on Jun 2, 2014 at 8:06:18 pm

Hi all,

I am trying to keyword different topics discussed by an interview subject. I found a section where the subject talks about his main problem, but in the same sentence delivers some statistics.

I selected that section and gave it two keywords: Problem & Statistics.

I tried searching for these terms and it came up with nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks so much in advance.

Return to posts index

Patrice Freymond
Re: Search for keyword collections by keyword???
on Jun 2, 2014 at 8:51:41 pm

Hi,

you can't search for keywords as text because they are not text entries (unlike notes for example or clip names).

But you can search for certain keywords when you click on the magnifying glass on the upper right hand corner of your clip browser. Under the plus sign is a list of search criteria you can add and this search is of the boolean kind : is/is not, contains/does not contain etc, much the sae way as setting smart playlists in itunes. Very powerful.

You can then save that search in the form of a Smart collection.

If you recently transitioned from FCP7 I strongly suggest either a read of the manual or some video training such as Ripple's or a course. It will save you lots of time in understanding these fundamental behaviours of FCPX.

Hope this helps.

Patrice Freymond

Editor  Certified Trainer FCP7/X
Post Consultant

Always learning...

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jun 3, 2014 at 4:08:03 am

Searching for clips by keyword is redundant. If you want to display all the clips logged with those two keywords, then you select the two keyword collections at the same time (on the left of the event browser).

Return to posts index

Tim Moyle
on Jun 3, 2014 at 3:14:18 pm

Selecting both keyword collections will display all clips that are tagged with either keyword. If you want to narrow the search down to only clips that have both keywords, you need to use the advanced search.

Return to posts index

flick harrison
on Jun 13, 2014 at 5:04:03 pm

I sure don't like this. What if I add the same keyword in several events? I have to click the triangle next to each event and select the keyword collections. Slooooow and aimy. It's basically telling me to manually search for the keyword.

Keywords are very powerful, I am using them for a research project but not quite as useful as if we could search. What about when I build up dozens or a hundred events in a big doc project?

There's a text box right there - why can't I type my keyword? Or bring up an interface where I select keywords and pick "show / hide" or something?

Return to posts index

flick harrison
on Jun 13, 2014 at 5:05:52 pm

Aaah there it is - must have been a glitch; the search box had "keywords" clicked but it didn't give me the list of keywords. Closed and opened it again and there was the list of keywords I'd been dreaming of.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]