FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a way of filtering active imports?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olly Lawer
Is there a way of filtering active imports?
on Jun 2, 2014 at 10:15:31 am

Hi,

We're usually a bit messy when it comes to projects. With animation for example, we'll import the files from Dropbox and edit them, only to then import V2, V3, V4...dependant on how many versions we need to create based on client feedback.

Whilst we can easily look at which files FCPX is using the the timeline and delete them in the relevant folder or the original media folder in this case, I'm hoping there is an easier way.

Is there a way of quickly seeing which imports FCPX is using in the timeline?

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Don Smith
Re: Is there a way of filtering active imports?
on Jun 2, 2014 at 10:46:31 am

Go to the menu View > Show Used Media Ranges. A yellow bar will appear on library clips where the media of that clip has been used.

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

Olly Lawer
on Jun 2, 2014 at 11:03:33 am

Thank you thank you thank you! Very useful!!!!

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jun 2, 2014 at 12:49:57 pm

Unless the clip is within a compound clip. The compound gets the orange, but not the clip itself.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Jun 3, 2014 at 1:24:45 am

Maybe I'm miss reading this, but it sounds like a perfect job for Auditions.

Import the various animations - make sure they are named sensibly - group them in audition sets, then just choose the versions the client wants when it's time for output.

Seems like precisely what they coded this for?

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jun 3, 2014 at 4:10:47 am

Yep. Read it again. :)

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Jun 3, 2014 at 6:09:31 pm

(grinnning)

I've spent the past few days studying for the section on the Apple exam prep regarding Auditions. So this is probably a good example of my long time semi-favorite saying that when the tool you're holding is a hammer - every problem tends to start looking like a nail!

But heck, it's a good concept. I noticed even the President used a version during a major press conference a week or so ago.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]