FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX Making Still Sequences: Work w. Export Frames, or Freeze Frame Workflow - ideas!?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pontus Silveby
FCPX Making Still Sequences: Work w. Export Frames, or Freeze Frame Workflow - ideas!?
on May 31, 2014 at 11:54:51 am

Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I have been checking out and searching the forum for quite a while, and now for this question, but did not find an answer.

I am doing a shorter documentary at the moment, and i want to make "Still Sequences", from my filmed material. I have been doing some editing of the moving images. BUT i am now at the moment that i need these still more or like "Transition sequences", in order to lay music and get the vibe that i want.

There will be some movement in the stills, and they will be adjusted color/contrast etc.

So,,,

What would you consider easiest to do: Export Jpg. and Psd. and do the pic-editing: Colour/Contrast in Photoshop. And Re-import.

OR: Use the Freeze Frame Option+F And use the FCPX or plugins for setting the vibe..

Since its going to be at least a couple of hundred pictures, i would rather not start in the wrong direction...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: FCPX Making Still Sequences: Work w. Export Frames, or Freeze Frame Workflow - ideas!?
on Jun 3, 2014 at 1:16:45 am

There's absolutely no benefit to leaving X to do still captures of material in your storyline.

The image processing inside the program is fully 32bit and will maintain all the resolution available in the original source material.

When you export your masters - make sure you're not in Proxy resolution mode - but aside from that - make it easy on yourself.

Have fun.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Pontus Silveby
Re: FCPX Making Still Sequences: Work w. Export Frames, or Freeze Frame Workflow - ideas!?
on Jun 3, 2014 at 6:49:35 pm
Last Edited By Pontus Silveby on Jun 3, 2014 at 7:05:28 pm

Thank you the for relieving answer and help!

- I use proxys when rough cutting the material at the moment, and NOW high resolution when looking and working at the stills.

AND will absolutely Doublecheck so its the Original High resolution-material before bouncing the master.

I will just go on and finish the documentary then!

:)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]