FORUMS: list search recent posts

Finish FCP X project in AE on separate computer using Clipexporter

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Landon Brands
Finish FCP X project in AE on separate computer using Clipexporter
on May 30, 2014 at 4:15:04 pm

Hello,
I have tried searching for this but cannot seem to find anyone asking the same question.

I have a project in FCP X 10.0.9 that references about 200GB of footage. I would like to bring this into After Effects on a different Mac for two reasons: my plugin licenses are on the second computer, and the first computer is scheduled to be replaced soon.

Tried running ClipExporter. When I read the .JSX script it makes for AE, I realized it uses QT reference files which point to the local hard drive of the first computer.

I also exported self-contained QT files with handles (a lean 2.4 GB in total), but it seems unnecessarily painstaking to create an entirely new AE comp out of these clips.

My question: Does anyone know of an efficient way to bring the self-contained QT reference clips into an AE comp (preserving the original sequence timings) on the new machine without wrangling 200GB of footage?

http://landonbrands.com

Return to posts index

James Cude
Re: Finish FCP X project in AE on separate computer using Clipexporter
on May 30, 2014 at 5:51:02 pm

If it were me- I'd update to 10.1 and make everything into Libraries which are a lot more portable. The short of it is- you would need to move the entire 200GB. Which considering hard drive capacities these days is not much to begin with, especially as it sounds like you'll be moving away from this machine anyway.

Return to posts index

Landon Brands
on May 30, 2014 at 9:07:35 pm

Thanks James. I reasoned that might be the case but thought I'd check to make sure.

http://landonbrands.com

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on May 31, 2014 at 4:56:14 am

On 10.9 duplicate the project, creating a new event with just the used media. Then, organize the new event which copies the used media into the event and gets rid of aliases. Then export via clip exporter ( x to 7 is a better choice, it supports more fx) . Make sure to copy the media over that's in the new event. But it should be the bare minimum needed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]