FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Wall?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Roth Weiss
Video Wall?
on May 27, 2014 at 9:21:26 pm

Does anyone here know if the new Mac Pro is capable of outputting a quad-screen video wall? I seem to remember reading something about that recently in one of the video magazines, but I can't recall which one. Anyone know the answer, and if so how is it done?

TIA,
DRW

David Roth Weiss
ProMax Systems
Burbank
DRW@ProMax.com

Sales | Integration | Support

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: Video Wall?
on May 28, 2014 at 7:30:15 am

At what resolution?

At the FCPWorks LA demo one MacPro Tube was outputting 3 streams of full 4k ProRes 444 to a big Christie in real time. But i didn't see 4.

But if you're just looking for a standard display of quad 1920x1080 rasters I doubt X would even break a sweat.

I have a friend who does big time convention iMAG stuff and he does live super wide multi screen work at around 10,000 pixels x 1080 via X to multi screen arrays. And he plays those out off an SSD equipped MacBook Pro.

Just set a custom raster Storyline in X and drag and drop your video(s) into place.

The only warning is that if you do use high Rez sources, X can take a LONG time for rendering out composites, cuz it doesn't "dumb down" it's compositing math.

FWIW.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]