FORUMS: list search recent posts

move all video clips from the secondary storyline to the primary storyline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Stembridge
move all video clips from the secondary storyline to the primary storyline
on May 26, 2014 at 8:11:48 pm

This is my first project completely, well mostly via FCPx... coming from legacy FCP7, I se to have made a common mistake. Need to correct and start using it the right way!

here's a screen shot. All my video clips are on secondary storyline, I need them on the primary storyline. How do I put them there?

-another fine day at
GreenPeas Productions
http://www.greenpeas.us
<")))))><

Return to posts index

Jari Innanen
Re: move all video clips from the secondary storyline to the primary storyline
on May 26, 2014 at 8:41:54 pm
Last Edited By Jari Innanen on May 26, 2014 at 8:44:46 pm

opt+cmd+down arrow or Edit Menu -> Overwrite to Primary Storyline. BTW FCP X has a great manual under the Help Menu.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: move all video clips from the secondary storyline to the primary storyline
on May 27, 2014 at 4:31:15 am

you could lasso all the video and make a new compound clip out of it and then just highlight it and drag it to the primary. Some editors like to work the way you did this, connecting everything to an empty primary. as you seem to have discovered the problem with this approach is that the primary has some abilities that the other story lines do not such as the ability to connect another clip to it. I really don't get why they don't allow you to have a secondary story line with its own connected clips. If this were unlimited then X would pretty much have the equivalent of tracks only with visual connections.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]