FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cannot copy over project to a new library

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elliot Lim
Cannot copy over project to a new library
on May 20, 2014 at 2:49:12 am

Hi there

I'm trying to media manage one of the projects in a library with multiple projects.
Essentially I'm trying to have a project in a library of its own, with the clips all consolidated into that library so that I have a neat single file for this project.

The issue is that final cut ignores all attempts to copy a project into a library, and ends up nullifying all of my inputs. The progress bar does not even flinch and stays at 100%

The issue occurs with all of the below attempts:
-Doing it through menu of file-copy project to library (either existing or making a new one)
-Dragging and dropping the project into a blank library (the + icon shows up but nothing happens)
-Trying to cmd+c the clips inside the project and paste into a blank project in the new library (again -nothing happens)
-Exporting out a xml of the project and importing it back into a new library (error message: "The operation could not be completed. No other information is available about the problem" pops up)
-Copying the project in finder (after doing "show package contents") doesn't show up in the FCPX because the new folder is not recognised by the flexolibrary file.
-When deleting the "flexolibrary" file in the library, the event does show up in the events viewer, but there is nothing inside (ie the project)

I get a feeling that I'm grasping at straws now, usually there is a very easy roundabout to this issue that I'm overlooking. Please help! (It's very strange to think that an NLE would break just trying to copy a project into a new location...)

All the best
Elliot

Return to posts index

Trust Helpful
Re: Cannot copy over project to a new library
on May 20, 2014 at 4:31:33 am

Another thing you could try is to select your library and consolidate your library to another folder then delete the projects out that you dont want in there

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 20, 2014 at 4:31:00 pm

If this is happening, it seems like read/write permissions are borked or something else is going on.

Where are your libraries located? Are they local or on other external storage?

Return to posts index

Elliot Lim
on May 21, 2014 at 8:07:35 am

Yeah I may just have to duplicate and then delete out the other projects. I checked the read/write permissions but everyone is set to read/write. The library is residing in our raid along with all of our other libraries. Never had an issue with other projects though, very strange. It's like the project just wants to stay within that library. It was an updated library from the last patch, something must've been messed up in the flexolibrary file as it was getting updated. Reckon is there a way to juggle the code within that file or its one of those "don't touch it if you don't know what you are doing" type?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 21, 2014 at 5:47:33 pm

Just to be sure.

You select the Project in your current Event in the current Library.

Then you choose File > Copy Project to Library > New Library.

You then get a window to name and save the library, then you get the option to bring over optimized/proxy media or not.

After that, you hit 'OK' and nothing happens?

Return to posts index

Jiri Fiala
on Jan 15, 2017 at 11:34:52 am

Same here. Yes, when I follow these steps, nothing happens. It has been working before.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 15, 2017 at 5:17:59 pm

Trash your prefs by holding command and option next time you launch FCPX.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]