FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tutorial: How to fix quiet videos up to 24db Louder in FCPX without Audio effect Limiter (12db+12db)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mansur Oscar
Tutorial: How to fix quiet videos up to 24db Louder in FCPX without Audio effect Limiter (12db+12db)
on May 17, 2014 at 1:40:33 pm
Last Edited By Mansur Oscar on May 17, 2014 at 1:41:57 pm

Hello dear FCPX users,
After so many research I looked up the web, I didn't get the right way to make it louder, we were using Audio effect Limiter and then leveling up the Gain and the other settings or maybe other way, My way doesn't need any level up Gain or audio effects or somebody were using audio enhancement the loudness, So whatever it called!

But now I discovered this thing that I was looking for here, Here is what I will use to make videos louder by up to 24db! (12db+12db)
Using FCXP 10.1
Now, the Limit volume and pan is limited to 12db, Let's make an example: select the video in timeline and Grab volume & pan selection to 12db, and so you want another extra numbers 12db to make it even louder, click on the video in the timeline, right-click and click on the (Expand audio components), there is a horizontal line so grab this from 0db to up as you want (ex: 12db), you collapse the audio components, Now play the video and you can see that you've made it too loud +24db! now it's possible to loud videos up to 24db

So you can easily Level up the videos volume up to 24db without effecting audio

My recommended levels for audio is between -20=-5, normal level should be ~ -10
And also, if you level up by either the Volume & Pan or the (Expand audio components) is same thing, I have tested it by my self.
I didn't know where to make the right position to make a tutorial in Cow forums, Please you can move this to the right section and forgive me if used wrong spelling for this.

iPlasm,

Return to posts index

Jari Innanen
Re: Tutorial: How to fix quiet videos up to 24db Louder in FCPX without Audio effect Limiter (12db+12db)
on May 17, 2014 at 5:39:54 pm

You can also get an extra level adjustment by opening the clip in its own timeline.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Tutorial: How to fix quiet videos up to 24db Louder in FCPX without Audio effect Limiter (12db+12db)
on May 17, 2014 at 10:03:06 pm

[Jari Innanen] "You can also get an extra level adjustment by opening the clip in its own timeline."

In fact, you can just keep going by opening it up in timeline mode and then duplicating the audio track as many times as you want.

But what's wrong with the gain filter?

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

Mansur Oscar
on May 18, 2014 at 12:47:11 pm

it's a bit difficult for me, and the Limiter effect Gain shows other tools that I can't be sure what it would do.

but for simple volume & pan, everyone can know that you can safely level up or down the sound -12 or +12, and for even extra -12 or +12 numbers you can do that safely that is doing same as volume & pan in the Expand Audio components.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]