FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to close timeline history projects?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
olof ekbergh
How to close timeline history projects?
on May 15, 2014 at 1:02:20 am

I know if you quit and close libraries then the history (<>) buttons are cleared.

But is there a way to close them from a list or just by right clicking the project.

I am currently working on 44 short videos all in 3 open libraries and it is a pain to not be able to clear the history.

Has anyone figure this out?

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: How to close timeline history projects?
on May 15, 2014 at 1:33:39 am

It works like a web browser. So press and hold the left button and go all the way back. Then open a project from the event. Now you only have 2 in the history. Does that help?

Return to posts index

olof ekbergh
on May 15, 2014 at 11:12:59 am

Yes thanks Bret.

I figured there had to be a way.

It would be nice if you could choose what was in the history though. Wouldn't it be nice if they were just tabbed, with a close button and draggable order. I will post a suggestion to Apple.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on May 15, 2014 at 2:13:42 pm

Tabs would be nice. But why worry about how many items are in the history? I would doubt it has anything to do with memory. It's just a recent items list. Whether it's in the list or not, if you've opened it recently it's probably still in the memory cache.

Return to posts index

olof ekbergh
on May 15, 2014 at 5:55:29 pm

Brett, normally I would not care, except this current job is 44 2-5 min WEB Vids and I reuse a lot of parts from different programs, so I switch programs (sorry Projects) to grab short parts and past into the current Project.

Normally I would just use compound clips but in this case it is not that consistent.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

John Hepworth
on Feb 27, 2015 at 2:36:27 pm

I like to have a scratch timeline to dump clips I may or may not reuse and want to find quickly...so only having one or two items in timeline history would let me apple [ and ] between projects.

Perhaps I've just not figured out the new and improved fcp x way of doing the same thing.

thanks

John

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Feb 27, 2015 at 3:55:05 pm

X navigates through projects just like safari navigates through web page history. Left arrow goes backwards in the project history list and right arrow takes you forward in the list (assuming you've gone backward at some point of course.)

Return to posts index

John Hepworth
on Feb 27, 2015 at 5:24:08 pm

Thanks - what I was looking for though was the ability to control what projects are in the history list...like the open tabs of FCP 7.

Is there a way to clear the project history if I wanted to force it to only have two projects in the history list?

John

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Feb 27, 2015 at 5:35:50 pm

I understand that. Armed with the basic knowledge of how navigating through a history list works, the answer is to have only 2 things in your history. If that's what you want. - Navigate all the way back to the first project in the list. (Hold down the left arrow to get the menu and go all the way to the bottom. ) Now open a second project. There. Just like the safari browser (or any browser or finder window for that matter) now you have 2 items in your list.

BUT it's ridiculous to get caught up on what is in the "previous project" history list. Do you worry about how many web pages are in your web page history list? Of course not. If you need to flip between 2 projects simply open project A and open Project B and then use the back and forward arrows or keyboard shortcuts to flip between them. Don't worry about all the other projects in the list. They're of no consequence.

Make sense?

And yes, tabs would be better.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]