FORUMS: list search recent posts

Setting a video with 4 audio channels and sending tracks to specific channels

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alessandro Accorsi
Setting a video with 4 audio channels and sending tracks to specific channels
on May 14, 2014 at 2:29:45 pm

Hey everyone,

I edited a short video for a new client on FCPX, but they are asking to edit the audio as follows:

CH1 – VOICE-OVER JOURNALIST (including interview translations) or COMPLETE MIX

CH2 – VOICE-OVER JOURNALIST (including interview translations) or COMPLETE MIX

CH3 – INTERNATIONAL (Stand up, interviews in the original language, ambient sound, music, etc…)

CH4 – INTERNATIONAL (Stand up, interviews in the original language, ambient sound, music, etc…)

What I did at first was to export a multitrack QT video, with roles assigned to VO, Translation of interviews, Original Interviews and Ambient sound.

However, they told me that it wasn't good and they don't want separate tracks, but a video with 4 channels: CH1 VO left, CH2 VO right, CH3 Original audio left, CH4 Original audio right. Or, alternatively, a 2+2 stereo.

I read that in FCP it was possible to edit the sequence properties and set 4 audio channels for the video and send each track to a targeted channel.
But in FCPX I only have the option to create a project with stereo (2 channels) or surround (6 channels) and even in that case I can't find a way to send each track to a specific channel.

How can I do that? I even tried re-compressing the multitrack video with Compressor setting the audio properties to 4 channels, but nothing.

Is there a way to do it or should I export it back to FCP (and I don't know how to do that or if it's possible to do it) and just change the sequence properties there?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Doug Suiter
Re: Setting a video with 4 audio channels and sending tracks to specific channels
on May 15, 2014 at 8:12:00 am

I think this article will help you out: http://www.larryjordan.biz/fcp-x-export-multi-channel-audio/

...sounds like you can skip most of the steps and refer to the steps at the end.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]