FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timeline and Work Area Issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Comer
Timeline and Work Area Issue
on May 12, 2014 at 8:24:01 pm
Last Edited By Sam Comer on May 12, 2014 at 8:26:55 pm

I have a project with a timeline that is 4:45. When I Shift-Z to zoom to fit, more length is added to my work area. Basically, there is suddenly several minutes of dead space to the right of my project. Shift-Z again, even MORE length is added. So, I have 4:45 of footage and a timeline that is anywhere from 11:00 to 40:00 or more. (Sometimes it even goes back and forth between 11:00 to 22:00 and back again, etc)

If I zoom out, I see something like this:

I've tried copying and pasting into a new project - same thing. Thought maybe it was specific to the project and opened up an older one - same thing.

Thoughts?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Timeline and Work Area Issue
on May 12, 2014 at 8:53:18 pm

Was any of this in a compound clip at any point?

Return to posts index

James Cude
on May 12, 2014 at 8:54:28 pm

A couple of things come to mind- a tiny piece of gap hiding someplace in that long section. Or a hidden l-cut on the audio side. Or perhaps a botched XML import. Does the Timeline Index show anything past the last edit?

Return to posts index

Sam Comer
on May 12, 2014 at 9:00:08 pm

The project consists pretty much entirely of multicam clips. No compound clips, though.

There is nothing beyond the last clip.

"END GRAPHIC WITH CTA" is listed at the bottom of the timeline index and "END GRAPHIC WITH CTA" is the last clip in the timeline.

If it were just something randomly out there (or a compound clip throwing things off), the timing difference would be consistent. However, like I mentioned, it's different pretty much every time I zoom to fit.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 13, 2014 at 2:38:16 am

That seems very odd.

If you export an XML and reimport an XML, does the problem go away?

I would certainly let Apple know via FCP feedback page and offer to send an XML.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]