FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advice: How should you make a quiet video Louder with the right way? (no changes to audio) FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mansur Oscar
Advice: How should you make a quiet video Louder with the right way? (no changes to audio) FCPX
on May 12, 2014 at 7:15:46 pm

Hi,

I have a video that is too quiet! which is under -20db, the audio itself is perfect but only quiet!

And now, what is the right to do? >< Without Audio effect changes, it should be originally. only louder needed.

for my self, I was using the volume and Pan. but this isn't enough! it is still quiet! 12db+

So I tried using the (Audio enhancement- Andalysis) to make audio louder, it also warned me red too, and I chose 32 for uniformity and 32 amount. I'm not sure what this is, but it sure make audio louder, it's near 6db

Does uniformity and Amount effects the audio?

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
Re: Advice: How should you make a quiet video Louder with the right way? (no changes to audio) FCPX
on May 12, 2014 at 7:54:55 pm
Last Edited By Bill Ravens on May 12, 2014 at 7:56:20 pm

hmmmm....the proper way of increasing the RMS volume is to use a compressor on the audio signal. You want to be sure to keep the peaks below 0 dB, but, boost the mean volume. This is done with a compressor/limiter.
http://www.larryjordan.biz/fcpx-limiter-filter/

Return to posts index

Mansur Oscar
Re: Advice: How should you make a quiet video Louder with the right way? (no changes to audio) FCPX
on May 13, 2014 at 12:13:02 pm

I'm Sorry to my mistake!, I meant near -6db,

by this way, it looks like I'm totally wrong with my way.

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
on May 12, 2014 at 8:28:47 pm

Check this out

http://www.larryjordan.biz/fcpx-audio-analysis/

anickt

Return to posts index

Mansur Oscar
on May 13, 2014 at 12:19:46 pm

I thank you to you two!

but could you tell me that I'm on the wrong way? loudness?

Return to posts index

Don Smith
on May 13, 2014 at 9:06:35 pm

(with the clip selected on the timeline) Try going into the Inspector > Audio and in the Audio Enhancements box, bottom row of that box, click on the right-facing arrow.

Enable the Loudness parameter at the top. I'm unsure as to what each slider does but it appears to me that the top slider is loudness and the bottom slider fills in the valleys to give the listening better presence.

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on May 14, 2014 at 12:16:32 am

I use the Gain plug-in under levels, type in whatever I want, 6db, 12 e.g., heck I've had to go as high as 30db. I don't trust the Loudness function as it sounds compressed to me. But I haven't spent a lot of time with it.

Return to posts index

Mansur Oscar
on May 17, 2014 at 1:40:47 pm

Look I have found another the Best way to extra level audio +12 (up to 24db)

read more: http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/344/30238

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]