FORUMS: list search recent posts

Share Fail when creating Frame 0 (Error -1)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Ochs
Share Fail when creating Frame 0 (Error -1)
on May 9, 2014 at 8:31:55 pm

Trying to export a :60 sec 1080p Project and keep getting Share Fail message shown below. I have tried turning off Background Render and trashing Render files, but to no avail.

I have read other threads where finding the (possibly corrupt media) at the offensive frame indicated in the error message and (replacing/re-transcoding) has solved the problem.

But here I have Frame 0. Hmmm?

Anyone else run into this?

The source footage is RED.R3D files. But I get the same error when trying to export at Proxy resolution.

Also, if I try to export as 1080 Devices I get Video rendering error: -50.

Additionally, I have selected the Prevent App Nap in the Info Dialog Box for the app (another potential troubleshooting solution).

Puzzling, and deeply concerning for a professional AVID editor looking to make the leap to FCPX. Glad it is not under a tight client deadline right now!

Any FCPX Pros out there have any advice?

Peter Ochs | Editor
MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB RAM
FCP X 10.1.1
OSX 10.9.2

Return to posts index

Loren Risker
Re: Share Fail when creating Frame 0 (Error -1)
on May 9, 2014 at 10:19:36 pm

I just dealt with an error -1 similar error situation.

In my case, it would fail on different frames each time, and a couple times it failed on frame 0 or frame 1 ( I can't remember which).

In any case, I was only able to fix it by updating the event and project from 10.0.8 to the current version.

Are you using the latest version of FCPX?

-------------
OutOfFocus.TV - Original series, music videos, mini-docs.

Return to posts index

Peter Ochs
on May 9, 2014 at 11:10:52 pm

Hey Loren,

Thanks for the reply. I'm up to date on all system and app software, so that's not the issue.

My work around was to step back into my compound clip, copy all the clips, paste back to the master timeline, blowout the existing compound, re-compound the clips, reapply three layers of effects and ... whammo ... it is now exporting.

But boy, that is NOT a professional level workflow, IMHO. As an editor, I need to be able to count on things like compounds working solidly in this app. FCPX has a lot of promise and appeal. But I'm still wary of putting my professional reputation on the line with it.

Wondering how many working pros here on the Cow are fairing with FCPX as their main edit app???

Peter Ochs | Editor
FCP X 10.1.1
OSX 10.9.2

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
on May 9, 2014 at 11:28:42 pm

What you're seeing is definitely not normal behavior. I use compound clips all the time including the dreaded CC inside of CC with a large number of layers inside and I've never seen this. I've been on FCP X since 10.0.0 and editing nonlinear for over 20 years. I'd look for bad fonts, some kind of clip corruption or maybe the project just got corrupted somehow. Sometimes it's weird things. A guy came to me with a render problem. He had a Motion based template on his timeline. He had put a fade on the front of it for some reason (the template already had an incoming transition). Removed the fade and everything was fine.

anickt

Return to posts index

Peter Ochs
on May 10, 2014 at 1:04:01 am

I agree, Nick. This shouldn't be normal.

But truth be told this was just a small test. Handful of clips, straight cuts, a few basic texts, then compounded and layered with some color correction looks.

If files corrupt this easily, even following all best practices protocols, then am I not warranted in my concerns?

I'll keep hammering on FCPX and put it through its paces. Maybe this was just a fluke. But I'm not ready to convince my AVID clients that this is the new way forward yet.

I'm a 20+ year professional myself. Been through it all. I'm rooting for Apple and FCPX ... it's just gotta be right.

Peter Ochs | Editor
FCP X 10.1.1
OSX 10.9.2

Return to posts index

Tim Moyle
on May 12, 2014 at 7:25:07 pm

What is the first frame of your timeline? I've occasionally seen this error when the first frame is non-video content (a title or audio only) in a compound clip.

Return to posts index

Peter Ochs
on May 12, 2014 at 9:18:34 pm

Thanks for the tip, Tim. I'll keep an eye on that within compounds to see if that is causing the error.

Peter Ochs | Editor
FCP X 10.1.1
OSX 10.9.2

Return to posts index

Loren Risker
on May 9, 2014 at 11:40:19 pm

There are definitely still some nasty bugs. Reminds me more of FCP4 than FCP7. However, I use it as my primary editing app every day for pro work.

-------------
OutOfFocus.TV - Original series, music videos, mini-docs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]