FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio relink woes

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Troy Grady
Audio relink woes
on May 7, 2014 at 7:29:23 pm

Hi-

I cannot for the life of me get FCPX to relink any audio files. Try though I might to ensure the files / durations / file size / channels are identical, I am greeted with the dreaded "a modified file was found" dialog and red clips in my event.

Specifically, I'd like to sneak in under the project with some EQ on files have already been edited into a number of timelines, compounds, and so on. These are uncompressed WAV files out of an Olympus LS-10 voice recorder.

I've imported the files into Logic, set the project length to exactly the length of the clip, and re-exported. The resulting file is identical in length, file size, sample rate, bit depth, channel structure (stereo), and format (WAV). However, inspecting the file in Quicktime player, I noticed Logic created a timecode track -- so fine, I deleted that and re-exported as WAV via Quicktime player. Now the original file and the EQ'd file are identical in every respect that I can determine.

Still no dice. Has anyone else had difficulty doing this? How are you making it stick?

Thanks!

Troy

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Audio relink woes
on May 8, 2014 at 2:51:12 pm

I think this is a bug with WAV files only.

Please file it with Apple: http://www.apple.com/feedback/finalcutpro.html

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Troy Grady
on May 8, 2014 at 3:09:35 pm

Thanks Jeremy -- lucky me!

Filing now...

Troy

Return to posts index

Gary Cole
on May 11, 2014 at 4:18:56 pm

I haven't found any problem with .wavs. FCPX creates it's own hidden metadata when you import media - so even though the new audio files are identical they're not to FCPX.

You could try importing the EQed audio files as new media, create a multicam clip and sync to audio.

Gary Cole
Regent Records UK Ltd

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 12, 2014 at 3:26:01 pm

[Gary Cole] "I haven't found any problem with .wavs"

FCPX has no problem using wavs, it just has a problem with reconnecting to wavs that have changed. Other audio formats, such as aiff, will reconnect just fine.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Troy Grady
on May 12, 2014 at 8:33:23 pm
Last Edited By Troy Grady on May 12, 2014 at 8:34:04 pm

Fyi I did end up filing that bug report on this. If two audio files can be that similar and still not suffice as a relinkable substitute, then that's at least problematic if not an outright bug.

For reference, rather than eq-ing the underlying file, I ended up manually pasting Channel EQ on the 110 clips here. Took about 45 minutes diving into and out of compounds to do this, but sometimes brute force is the most reliable way out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]