FORUMS: list search recent posts

Modify Time Code of Source Clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Smith
Modify Time Code of Source Clip
on May 4, 2014 at 2:21:51 pm

I have done some searching however have not found an answer. Is there a way to modify time code in FCPX like you could in FCP7? For instance load up a clip and look at the iPad running movie slate and type in the TC that is on the slate and change the TC of the current frame?

Shooting a music video and it would be nice to use X, however I may have to go back to 7 for this as it is also nice to then drop the clip into the timeline and select sync with TC and have the clip sync to the track.

Chad Smith
remoteaccesspost.com

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Modify Time Code of Source Clip
on May 4, 2014 at 4:39:16 pm

Sync controls for FCPX are far and away better than FCP7. Correct timecode or markers aren't even necessary if your cameras recorded audio. But to answer your question, there is currently no way to adjust base TC or set alt TC for clips in FCPX.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

jon smitherton
on May 4, 2014 at 8:24:21 pm

Sync by in point or try iTimeize:

http://timecodesoftware.com/itimeize

Jon

Return to posts index

Chad Smith
on May 4, 2014 at 8:37:17 pm

Jon That looks cool. I will give it a try . THANKS!!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 5, 2014 at 5:34:26 pm

[Chad Smith] "Shooting a music video and it would be nice to use X, however I may have to go back to 7 for this as it is also nice to then drop the clip into the timeline and select sync with TC and have the clip sync to the track."

There is not a way to do this like FCP7, but:

In FCPX, you can set the starting tc of a Multiclip. This way, you can add matching tc to clips, and add audio angles in to sync (by audio waveform or manually, whatever you find easier).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]