FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Levels in FCPX and Logic Pro X do not match

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carter Mays
Audio Levels in FCPX and Logic Pro X do not match
on May 2, 2014 at 10:41:53 pm

Hello and thanks in advance for responding. Help is appreciated!

I am cutting a feature film on FCPX 10.1.1 and plan to mix the audio in Logic Pro X 10.0.6.

Doing some testing now and I'm finding that my audio levels (checked using the same Multimeter plug-in in both programs) do not match up. In fact they appear off by quite a large margin 10-20db.

Test migration was achieved using the FCPXML protocol.

The audio clips in FCPX (these are my dialogue tracks) were not "analyzed". Their levels were increased by +4db.

The +4db was read correctly by LPX as automation, and even after ignoring automation and gain increase, the much hotter levels on the LPX meters remain.

I'm trying to leave the audio alone in FCPX, maintaining a clean as possible file for manipulation in LPX, but I almost HAVE to at least increase the gain of my dialogue clips just to hear them well enough to cut against much-quieted music tracks. (if I have to do this and then delete the automation of gain in LPX, that's pretty easy, but I'm just wondering why such a difference in meter readings b/w the two programs.

From previous projects of experience, I'm used to hearing the full spectrum of sound only in the DAW and not FCP environment, but I wondering if I'm missing something here?

Thanks!

FCP X 10.1.1
Logic Pro X 10.0.6
Mavericks OS 10.9.2
iMac 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
8gb RAM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]