FORUMS: list search recent posts

Constrained movement of pucks in Color board.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Smith
Constrained movement of pucks in Color board.
on May 2, 2014 at 7:38:01 pm

So here's my question: while doing a color correct with the color board is there a way to constrain the movement of the pucks so I can make a pure horizontal movement or vertical movement in small increments? I can quickly get to a ball park of where I would like to be color wise but I seem to fall down in making the fine adjustments when moving the puck with the mouse. I'll either call off the vector I want to be on or the level adjustment is too coarse with the mouse. I'd like to get to ball park and then nudge the puck either vertically or horizontally in smaller increments to perfect the correction.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Constrained movement of pucks in Color board.
on May 2, 2014 at 7:40:58 pm

Right below the color board. Click and drag on the degrees or the percent. Percent is up and down. Degrees is left and right. You can easily go number by number.

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
on May 2, 2014 at 7:50:12 pm

There are many unmapped commands for the Color Board in the Command Editor. Just search "Color Board".

anickt

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 2, 2014 at 7:53:36 pm

Once a puck is selected, use the arrow keys.

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on May 2, 2014 at 8:37:27 pm

Doh!

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on May 2, 2014 at 10:09:12 pm

the arrow keys are perfect , but i also see that there is the possibility to map nudge keys for color pucks. I think the arrow keys are sufficient having perfectly dialed in what I needed to do color correct wise.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 2, 2014 at 10:57:38 pm

[Mark Smith] "the arrow keys are perfect , but i also see that there is the possibility to map nudge keys for color pucks. I think the arrow keys are sufficient having perfectly dialed in what I needed to do color correct wise."

I find mapping "select next puck" to the most useful, and then use the arrow keys.

This would mean that you hit:

control-command-e to choose exposure panel. (s for saturation, c for color)

Select next puck (I have it mapped to zero key) to scroll to the puck you want,

and then the arrow keys to adjust.

Return to posts index

Don Smith
on May 5, 2014 at 8:36:36 pm

I often use the Option modifier to 'gear down' the movement of a value in the Inspector such as approaching a value with more precision and I found that this also works in the color board. If you scrub the percent or degree by itself then you get fast correction but with the Option key held then the movement slows down and is more precise as you hone in.

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on May 6, 2014 at 8:25:21 am

For e.g. pulling the volume line/bar of a clip in the timeline it's actually the CMD key for "gearing down". Just for the record. ;)

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on May 3, 2014 at 9:35:32 am

Click on a value and use the scroll function of your mouse to change the value up/down. My personal favorite.

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on May 3, 2014 at 11:00:41 am

I usea a track pad but if I click on the value I can scroll the values with my finger tip easily. Arrow Keys, Fingertips, I'm starting to realize there is a lot of flexibility built into FCP x

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on May 3, 2014 at 3:29:28 pm

If you use a trackpad you might try "The Touch" which maps different gestures to different pucks.

http://www.arcticwhiteness.com/thetouch/

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
on May 3, 2014 at 4:34:45 pm

I've had the touch for a year and I sort of like it sometimes but I find it not so responsive and it actually gets in the way at times instead of easing the control interface . I'm keeping it around to see if it can grow on me but I've had a very slo start with it so far.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]