FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to get to your footage.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Likong
How to get to your footage.
on May 1, 2014 at 8:17:04 pm

I am teaching myself FCPX and I wanted to get to do more edits but when I accidently clicked on to "New Projects" I can't get back to the footage I was trying to edit. I see the footage but can't put it back on the timeline.

HELP!

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: How to get to your footage.
on May 3, 2014 at 6:14:07 pm

If I'm understanding you correctly, you created a new project. If the new project is now active, you need to reopen the older project. On the upper left of the timeline, you will see a right and left arrow which will toggle between open projects. "Project" is what FC calls a timeline. Causes lots of confusion.

If the older project is now closed, you need to double click it in the browser. Projects are stored in an event so you would need to find the library>event you put the project in.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Richard Likong
on May 4, 2014 at 5:34:04 pm

Thank you so much...! Also, from FCPX I share my final video to either 'Export File' or 'Master File'. I can't open it on the desktop because a prompt states that it is not a QT mov clip. But it was sent from FCPX to make it a quicktime file so I don't understand why it can't open it.

Rich

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on May 4, 2014 at 9:25:58 pm

Select the exported file and type command-I. In the get info box what type of file does it say it is?

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]