FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Playback of FCP X Through BlackMagic...Computer Audio from Computer Speakers (Possible?)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt M, PA
Audio Playback of FCP X Through BlackMagic...Computer Audio from Computer Speakers (Possible?)
on Apr 30, 2014 at 6:11:29 pm

Long headline!

I recently installed FCP X align with Mavericks. I still have 7 installed and working as well.

In FCP 7, I am able to have the FCP audio monitored through my mixer (Black Magic Ultra Studio) while computer audio, Motion audio previews, etc came from the computer speakers.

I've gotten used to this...but cannot find a way to make this happen in FCP X. I can select the Black Magic in the FCP X preferences, but it seems the system preferences override this. Whatever I choose in the Sound area of System Preferences..is what it all plays through.

I'd sure be glad to know if someone has an idea....thanks.

Return to posts index

James Cude
Re: Audio Playback of FCP X Through BlackMagic...Computer Audio from Computer Speakers (Possible?)
on Apr 30, 2014 at 6:25:42 pm

Should be possible- have you tried the Blackmagic utility to set this up?

Return to posts index

Matt M, PA
Re: Audio Playback of FCP X Through BlackMagic...Computer Audio from Computer Speakers (Possible?)
on Apr 30, 2014 at 6:51:13 pm

James...if there's a way to do this, I've yet to find it. I can't seem to make any changes via Black Magic Multibridge Utility...if that's what I'm supposed to use...

Return to posts index

James Cude
on Apr 30, 2014 at 11:25:44 pm

I'd ask over on the Blackmagic forums- more folks likely to be using them there.

Return to posts index

Keith Koby
on May 1, 2014 at 2:47:25 pm

I believe fcpx has to process audio through the system audio, so you have to choose bm audio there on your main sound output.

However, to get the other crud like alerts to go through the display speaker, go to:

System Preferences -> Sound -> Sound Effects

Then choose Display Speakers on the "Play sound effects through:" drop down menu. This way you at least won't get IM pings and error sounds through the bmd io.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]