FORUMS: list search recent posts

Projects portability

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fabrizio D'Agnano
Projects portability
on Apr 28, 2014 at 2:16:10 pm

Hello.
For this year I'll be mostly working on projects based on about 1Tb of media per each, one at a time. I think this can be a great opportunity to sometimes bring some work home and edit on my MBP. I think the best workflow would be having the library and media on an external fast drive and carry it along with me where I go, but my MBP has FW800, Thunderbolt and now USB3 via a Belkin adapter, while my MP has FW800 and esata. They only share FW800, but I guess it's to slow. I read of a workflow based on having the two machines containing a perfect copy of the media folder, all media kept external and unmanaged in the library, and then moving the small library containing the project(s) and symlinks between the two machines. Would it be safe in a relative long run? Could problems arise with metadata lost because of media between the two folder not being really the same, but different copies?

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Rome, Italy
early 2008 MacPro, BM Intensity Pro, early 2008 iMac, 2011 MacBook Pro, FCP7, FCPX, OSX 10.8.3

Return to posts index

Loren Risker
Re: Projects portability
on Apr 28, 2014 at 4:34:29 pm

The issue here is your render files and optimized media will stay in the library, so it will still get large.

But besides that, it will work. That's pretty much my workflow.

-------------
OutOfFocus.TV - Original series, music videos, mini-docs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]