FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio syncing Final Cut X,multiple narrative clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adam mondon
Audio syncing Final Cut X,multiple narrative clips
on Apr 24, 2014 at 8:31:04 pm

I'm sure this has been answered before, but I'm new to X.

Hope someone can help.

I have multiple takes of multiple scenes for both audio and video in a narrative film.
There is no clapper or audio marker in the scenes.
Will the synchronize clips option sort all this out or is it just for getting the timing right on each clip.

Or does it do the same thing as Plureleyes did in Final Cut 7?

I watched quite a few online tutorials, but they have not answered my question.

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Joe Marler
Re: Audio syncing Final Cut X,multiple narrative clips
on Apr 26, 2014 at 11:50:03 pm

The built-in audio sync feature of FCP X is mainly designed to sync a single audio and video clip, or two video clips. It works well for that. As you add more audio and video clips to a sync attempt, the reliability rapidly diminishes.

If you don't know what audio and video clip goes together (say date/time wasn't set correctly on the recorder), you can sometimes order them by length in the event viewer. That assumes each audio and video take were about the same length. That may get you close enough to briefly skim them and then sync each group of two.

If that isn't possible, PluralEyes version 3 works very well. I have asked it to search hundreds of audio clips for a match to a single video clip, and it reliably finds it. I've also sync'd many audio and video clips in a single pass. Earlier versions were not as consistent, but the latest version works very well.

Return to posts index

adam mondon
Re: Audio syncing Final Cut X,multiple narrative clips
on Apr 29, 2014 at 9:22:07 am

Great thanks.

Plural eyes has always worked for me , so will get hold of the new version.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]