FORUMS: list search recent posts

text filter in clip browser vs timeline index behaves differently - am I "missing" something?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Brown
text filter in clip browser vs timeline index behaves differently - am I "missing" something?
on Apr 24, 2014 at 2:53:40 am

If I have offline clips in my event...I type the word "missing" into the filter and nothing comes up.

If I have offline clips in my sequence (or project as I hate calling it) - I type "missing" in the timeline index and it selects all offline clips.

I'd expect the behavior to be the same and I'm curious:

1) Why does it behave differently?
2) How do I filter all my offline clips in the browser so I can select all at one time?

I've tried offline as well...I can't seem to filter just clips with missing media.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: text filter in clip browser vs timeline index behaves differently - am I "missing" something?
on Apr 24, 2014 at 5:41:01 pm

1) Not sure.

2) I'm not aware of any way to sort or filter by offline status. However, if you want to relink all your offline files at once, simply select the event where the offline clips are (it'll have a warning icon next to it) and go to File/Relink Files. FCPX will find all the missing clips and display them for you, allowing you to relink them. Or choose Reimport from Camera Archive if they are missing due to an offline camera or camera archive.

Andy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107277729326633563425/videos

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
Re: text filter in clip browser vs timeline index behaves differently - am I "missing" something?
on Apr 24, 2014 at 7:16:49 pm

I'm not trying to relink, I just want to be able to select all ofine clips to delete.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Apr 26, 2014 at 1:03:07 am

Make sure the Event Filter drop down menu is showing all clips. I spent a day hunting for some offline clips in an event, only to realize I had set it to Hide Rejected? or something... and it just wasn't showing them to me. Changed it and all the clips with warning triangles reappeared...

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Apr 26, 2014 at 1:55:18 pm

I once had a space in the filter field. No letters, just a space. So only clips with a space on their name were showing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]