FORUMS: list search recent posts

Deleting Prores (hq media), to make space, but then retranscoding

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edward Harby
Deleting Prores (hq media), to make space, but then retranscoding
on Apr 20, 2014 at 7:39:16 pm

Hey guys,

Will I run into any issues if I delete the high quality media files (within package contents), then later on re-transcode it (within FCPX). I'm running out of space while we are currently shooting a doc. I can definitely get another hard drive but that will take a while and at the moment isn't an option as I get footage coming through while also starting the transcoding process. I've got proxies transcoded and that will be what I'm viewing for dailies.

So.. I'd like to delete the current PRORES files, then retranscode them in the future by simply clicking Transcode optimized media.

I'm asking because I don't want to run into a slew of problems in the future, causing me to bring in again the original media and losing my metadata. I know FCPX, replacing clips isn't an option (as far as I know).

Using 10.1.1

Return to posts index

Loren Risker
Re: Deleting Prores (hq media), to make space, but then retranscoding
on Apr 21, 2014 at 4:34:32 pm

I do this all the time without issues. Just be careful when messing around with the library inside the finder.

-------------
OutOfFocus.TV - Original series, music videos, mini-docs.

Return to posts index

Edward Harby
Re: Deleting Prores (hq media), to make space, but then retranscoding
on Apr 21, 2014 at 6:47:34 pm

Exactly. I've noticed FCPX is pretty unforgiving, hence the questions for such a simple task. Thanks for the response. Will be deleting prores files with confidence now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]