FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media has gone missing and won't come back

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Martin
Media has gone missing and won't come back
on Apr 15, 2014 at 2:48:51 pm

I had a clip in a project I wanted to do some compositing with in AE. I did a reveal in Browser > reveal in finder > imported the clip in to AE. I then switched back to FCPX (10.1.1 on Mavericks) to check the timings before starting work in AE, but the clip had gone offline. I tried to relink to the file (stored outside of the Library bundle) but was told that the the media range did not match so relinking was not possible. The path FCPX suggested, was inside the bundle, but you can't get in to the bundle from with in the relink dialogue box.

What on earth do I do to relink?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Media has gone missing and won't come back
on Apr 15, 2014 at 5:24:01 pm

Search this forum for "XMP".

Jeremy

Return to posts index

James Martin
on Apr 16, 2014 at 8:34:53 am

Thanks, Jeremy. It was the XMP that AE decided to sneak in just by imorting the clip to AE. I don't see an easy fix for this missing media, but at least now it won't happen again.

Anyone who finds this thread - uncheck the xmp preference in AE as below:

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 16, 2014 at 1:28:42 pm

QT Edit from Digital Rebellion removes XMP.

Adobe CC products have XMP off by default.

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Apr 17, 2014 at 11:54:31 am

[James Martin] "I tried to relink to the file (stored outside of the Library bundle) but was told that the the media range did not match so relinking was not possible. The path FCPX suggested, was inside the bundle, but you can't get in to the bundle from with in the relink dialogue box."

FWIW, I'm having that same issue on a project and AE was never involved. Moved projects to the new Mac Pro (cylinder), so I'm re-linking files. On one project it won't re-link one batch of 5D camera files, even though they were copied from the machine where everything is linked just fine. I'm getting that identical message, word for word, and still haven't come up with a solution. It's causing us a headache as I need to work on that project.

Personally, I think there's an underlying glitch or "factor" that we still don't understand...

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things." - Winston Churchill

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]