FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export timeline in FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sofía ibarguren
Export timeline in FCPX
on Apr 15, 2014 at 1:12:05 am

Hello people,

im from brazil, and i got a question for a long time, and now i hope someone disolve it!

I wanna export a video without touching the clips parts, export and save to edit in the future. Like .psd in photoshop.

That is possible?

Thankss

Return to posts index

James Martin
Re: Export timeline in FCPX
on Apr 15, 2014 at 4:32:53 pm

What do you mean by "export a video without touching the clips parts"?

Return to posts index

Sofía ibarguren
on Apr 15, 2014 at 6:01:03 pm

I mean let the video fragmented. With the clips parts of a video separated, like the timeline, when you have the "clip 1", a part of a "clip 2", one part of the "clip 1" again, etc. And all the adjustmen, text, effects. "No rasterize" the timeline, but export with all the parts to after editing. Like the .psd format.

Thanks

Return to posts index

James Martin
on Apr 16, 2014 at 8:28:15 am

So, if I understand you - you want the clips as separate files, like they appear on the timeline, with the effects you have applied!?

It may help suggest a workflow if you explain why you want to do this - what do you want to do with those files?

Editing software is non-destructive to source media, so if you save the project file / library, you can always return to them to make changes. Alternatively, if you want to work on the film in another application, you'd export the xml and use that.

You mention you want to create the equivalent to a psd file - your FCPX library IS that equivalent. You seem concerned about rasterising, but that type of thing is not such an issue in FCP as it's non-destructive - you're always working with the equivalent of smart objects.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]