FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is the green vertical line from video to audio?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david fuku
What is the green vertical line from video to audio?
on Apr 14, 2014 at 11:07:28 pm

Hi trying to figure out how to adjust one video clip (sorry posted this before with a different subject).

I see a green vertical line in some clips but not others and it seems to be linking the video and audio together and when I try to shorten a video clip the audio is also shortening and I can't figure out how to eliminate this situation.

I want to shorten the video a few frames but not the audio...

If you can help I'd appreciate it.

Return to posts index

James Martin
Re: What is the green vertical line from video to audio?
on Apr 15, 2014 at 2:57:45 pm

The line denotes where a clip is attached to the clips on the primary storyline. If you move the clip on the primary story line the connected clip moves with it. If you shorten the primary storyline clip so that the start or end over or undershoots the connection point, the connected clip will have to move with it.

So, you need to change the point at which the clip is attached to the primary storyline clip. Press and hold ctrl & alt, and click on the connected clip at a point that will lie within the bounds of the clip you want to shorten. You will see that green line move.

Alternatively, put that clip you want to unchanged in a secondary storyline. Select clip > cmd G.

Return to posts index

david fuku
Re: What is the green vertical line from video to audio?
on Apr 15, 2014 at 3:40:28 pm

Again, thank you James, sorry I didn't know which forum to post this!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]