FORUMS: list search recent posts

OT - Recommend Camera To DVR Solution For Client

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Brittan
OT - Recommend Camera To DVR Solution For Client
on Apr 14, 2014 at 8:09:37 pm

Hey guys! I know this is not FCP related, but I've gotten a lot from this community and have given back when I could. Much respect, to be sure. Quick question...I have a client I do a lot of video production work for who is a Tennis Pro / Instructor for high end resort. He currently uses an old JVC handycam and a VCR connected to a TV and records the sessions, then goes back and shows the client the tape to help coach them. He pauses it, slows it down (I think), and plays it back. Oh, and when recording, he can see on the TV what's going on as a passthrough type of thing.

Not elegant, but simple and, well, it works. Old tech...and you'd think that new tech would be able to do the same thing, right? Well, apparently, wrong. I cannot find anything that will do the same using a DVR and a camera! Called B&H, Adorama, Monoprice...nothin. Only security cam stuff. Was hoping maybe someone out there has run into this before and has a little direction for me?

Looked at the Atomos Ninja, and a rackmount type of recorder from Blackmagic, but he's not a video guy by any means. If he can't just make it work...like the handycam / VCR...he's not having it. He does want to be able to zoom the cam, so it can't be a GoPro or something like that, and he doesn't want to do any editing or production himself.

Is there anyone who can suggest something? Much appreciated!!!

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: OT - Recommend Camera To DVR Solution For Client
on Apr 14, 2014 at 11:01:16 pm

Why the external recorder? Any basic camera will have playback ability, and the ability to FF and REW. Shoot digitally, and then play back the clip. Tons of consumer cameras that do that:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Camcorders/ci/1871/N/4294548093

New tech...even more elegant and simple....no external recorder needed. Look for one with HDMI out and connect that to an HDTV via HDMI...bam! One camera, one TV....no deck.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
Re: OT - Recommend Camera To DVR Solution For Client
on Apr 15, 2014 at 3:27:57 am

You may have a point Shane. If I could find one that had a remote, it'd be perfect. Gotta consider him dirt dumb (his words) when it comes to cameras and what-not.

Tony Brittan
Island Shore Productions
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]