FORUMS: list search recent posts

Seeking Final Cut Pro X 10.1.1 SCREEN-SHARE to have questions answered that are too convoluted for a forum post

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Logan
Seeking Final Cut Pro X 10.1.1 SCREEN-SHARE to have questions answered that are too convoluted for a forum post
on Apr 12, 2014 at 2:55:18 pm

Hello,

I'm a non-pro user of Final Cut that just upgraded to 10.1.1. Since the updating of my libraries the appearance and behavior of the items in the Libraries Pane has left me scratching my head for a few different reasons, including the absence of a project I just worked on for two days. I'm convinced I haven't actually lost anything but my brain is a bit tweaked as to how to recover from this. I'm hoping someone would be willing to screen-share with me using Apple Messages, Skype, or some other preferred tool— to help me get things working as they should.

If this isn't the best place to post such an appeal, I'd be most appreciative of any leads to other resources.

Thanks VERY much!

Return to posts index

Paul Figgiani
Re: Seeking Final Cut Pro X 10.1.1 SCREEN-SHARE to have questions answered that are too convoluted for a forum post
on Apr 12, 2014 at 3:45:35 pm

Scott,

Read through Managing Media With FCPX Libraries.

Look for tutorials regarding transitioning to 10.1 and Media Management on the MacBreak Studio YouTube channel.

-paul.

Return to posts index

Scott Logan
Re: Seeking Final Cut Pro X 10.1.1 SCREEN-SHARE to have questions answered that are too convoluted for a forum post
on Apr 13, 2014 at 10:23:21 pm

Thanks very much for responding with the suggested reading, Paul. I'll have a look.

Scott

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Apr 13, 2014 at 2:24:31 am

Just to provide a smidgen of immediate help...

In the new model, as you migrate from the old X system to the new, unless you specifically create new Libraries, your previous work will be tucked into a newly auto created Library called Updated Projects.

Your prior work should be in there.

It's smart to sit back and think about the type of Library strategy you want to migrate to. You can elect to establish your Libraries by Client, by Date, by type of project - whatever you like.

When you decide what you want create your new Libraries and move the clips and assets into them.

Remember Libraries do not talk to other Libraries, They are standalone units of organization. So if you want the same content in two Libraries, you need to COPY the assets into both doubling the disk space that's required.

Good luck.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Scott Logan
on Apr 13, 2014 at 10:58:10 pm

Hello Bill,

Thanks so much for taking the time to convey those helpful tips and approaches. Much appreciated!

I'm still left with questions I'd like to actually talk-through with someone, along with a missing project— but I trust that the answers will reveal themselves all in good time— they usually do.

Thanks again,

Scott

Return to posts index

Joe Greenberg
on Apr 15, 2014 at 12:55:06 pm

THAT WAS VERY HELPFUL TO ME ALSO! THANKS!

Return to posts index

Sam Lee
on Apr 18, 2014 at 3:50:44 am

Apple's Screen Share app is full of security issues that have not been addressed even w/ 10.9.2. People are literally scanning for that open port every other minute for a soft spot to exploit. For my Mac, there're over 400 blocked attempts per day to get in to the port. I changed the WAN IP from various ISPs and still being scanned regularly. Luckily I have some pretty powerful firewall software and hardware to detect and fully block it. For most user it's literally invisible and that's very dangerous. You can be surfing the web for your bank account and other sensitive information and being monitored. It's part of the core service background app and you're pretty much giving everyone on the internet the chance to see what you're doing on your screen. This is a catch-22 problem. Yes it's good but also bad. So be extra careful when you're connected to the net and enable sharing.

Return to posts index

Scott Logan
on Apr 18, 2014 at 12:25:07 pm

Thanks for the heads-up, Sam. I had no idea about this screen-sharing security issue.

Are you suggesting that it's safe to use Apples screensharing once safeguards are in place? If so, what specific safeguards to you suggest? If not, is there an inherently safe alternate screen-sharing tool out there you can recommend? I'm a Mac user, by the way. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]