FORUMS: list search recent posts

G Key add to Secondary Storyline. Is it Broken in 10.1.1?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brett Sherman
G Key add to Secondary Storyline. Is it Broken in 10.1.1?
on Apr 2, 2014 at 5:56:24 pm

In 10.0.9 I used to hold down the G key and drag a clip into a secondary storyline. It would expand the storyline to encompass the clip if it was in front of the storyline. Now in 10.1.1 when I do the same thing it moves the clip to the end of the storyline. Anyone else see this? Am I doing something wrong?

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: G Key add to Secondary Storyline. Is it Broken in 10.1.1?
on Apr 2, 2014 at 6:08:07 pm

The G key creates a secondary. You hold down the G and drag one clip next to another that is already a connected clip, but not a secondary storyline. You can drag it to the front or rear of the clip.

To just add a clip to a secondary, just drag it to the already existing secondary and place it where you like. You are correct, if you hold down the G key unnecessarily in this case, it will jump to the end. But there's no need for the G. Just drag your clip to the front of the secondary. It won't extend the secondary to the left though. It'll ripple everything down. Which is pretty much never what I want.

If you want to add a clip to the front of the secondary, just snap it to the front, then highlight it and the secondary clips and press cmd+G and it'll extend the secondary to include the clip in the front.

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on Apr 3, 2014 at 2:12:44 pm

It definitely worked differently than 10.0.9. I liked being able to just drag a clip and append it on the front of the secondary timeline without changing the timing. Looks like it will be Command-G from now on, but the clip will have to be in the right position first so it's a bit more work.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Apr 3, 2014 at 6:02:50 pm

[Bret Williams] "If you want to add a clip to the front of the secondary, just snap it to the front, then highlight it and the secondary clips and press cmd+G and it'll extend the secondary to include the clip in the front."

You don't even need to snap it to the front, just highlight the clip and the secondary container you want to add it to and hit CMD-G. :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]